Fox Valley Church of Christ Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written so, we don't add to it.
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and Christian conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe that it is in the scriptures that we find Jesus' calling to Discipleship. We understand discipleship to be the only calling and expectation of biblical Christianity. (Luke 9.23-26).
- We beleive it is a joy to obey God's commands not a burden (1 John 5:3).
We believe in One God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three forms simultaneously: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe God loves people. He is intimate and relational.
We believe Jesus was more than a good teacher or prophet. We believe he was, in fact, God in the flesh.
- Jesus lived a sinless life in order that He might be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- Jesus died, was buried, and on the third day, was resurrected.
- Jesus is Lord of all.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the Holy Spirit
- The Spirit convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
- Throughout history the Holy Spirit has been demonstrated in miraculous form during the time of the apostles, poured out upon those whom God chooses, and indwelled in every believer, at baptism (Acts 2:38)
- The Spirit regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who are disciples of Jesus.
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell (Genesis 3) and that after this fall, people lost the divine image of God and replaced it with a fallen human image (Genesis 5.1-3).
- Mankind is restored to the image of God only in Christ, who is the second Adam (2 Corinthians 5).
- We do not beleive that mankind is born sinful at birth, but that all do eventually choose sin and fall short of God (Romans 3:23).
We believe that salvation is God's gift
- God saves us through our faith in Christ
- That faith in Christ is expressed in our repentance (mind change).
- Repentance then leads to baptism and a resurrected life through Christ Jesus.
We believe that when a person is reborn into their new life, they become a part of the Kingdom of God. It is through the local Body of Christ that a person remains connected to Jesus (1 Corinthians 12:12-27).
If you are interested in becoming a member, we would love to open the scriptures with you. We have a bible study series for all aspiring members to complete which is inspiring, informative and succinct.
You can also contact us directly HERE